Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dinner Party Table Details



The fabric for the runners--very inexpensive!  I found it in the clearance section at Hancock's Fabrics for next to nothing!  It is turquoise and brown, it definitely says fall, but NOT Thanksgiving which was important to me.  I wanted to pay tribute to the season, but make a clear delineation between the celebration of this precious couple and celebration of the upcoming holidays.

This beautiful vintage china was given to me by my dear Lou Lou.  The milk chocolate rose pattern is complemented by a tiny turquoise detail around the rim of the plate.  Perfect with the inexpensive fabric for the runners!

Utilizing a tip from the blog of my friend Tobi Fairley, I added turquoise pom pom fringe to crisp white napkins--they are stunning and laundered perfectly after (wasn't exactly sure how that was going to go:) They look perfect with the runners and highlight the thin turquoise detailing on the dinner plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment