Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tabletops--Take 2

I almost always find fabric for my table linens in the remnants bin at local fabric stores--this blue and brown leaf pattern would be a really ugly skirt or sofa, but looks pretty cool as a table runner.  This makes a cozy fall table; I used a variation on my dining table for Thanksgiving last year

Basket weave placemats used in combination with the runner adds interest and texture to the table--LouLou's beautiful vintage china makes every meal extra special
I love to use pretty dish towels as napkins!
A simple daisy in a McCarty's sauce cup adds a touch of summer--I really enjoy the juxtaposition of the fine china and crystal with the pottery.  No rules today. Or any day really.
If you really want your guests to think you have it all together, create a menu card for your next dinner party.  I used card stock and a printer and some pretty ribbon.  Look at the turquoise rim on LouLou's beautiful dinner plate, it matches the cardstock and I planned it.  I have it all together.
I love to give my guests gifts.  The gift tag doubles as a place card! 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment